My favorite Indian Food <3

Recently, my cousin decided to get married to the love of his life. With that being said, my family is currently planing an engagement party for them. We are looking in a hall for the party, a DJ, decorations for the tables, and FOOD. My favorite thing is this world is to eat and Indian food is where it is AT! I wanted to share my favorite foods for anyone looking for something new to try.

• Rasgulla – is a spongy pastry made from chhena and semolina dough. It is cooked in a syrup made from sugar. It looks similar to a dumpling in a circular form.
  • Chaat – is an appetizer that consist of potato tiki (fried pancake), sweet and sour chili sauce, chickpea dal, red onions, dahi(curd), and cilantro.
  • Paneer Pakora – is a famous chai snack that is made with paneer dipped in dough batter, then deep fried. It is served with green chutney(spicy) or red chutney (sweet and sour).
  • Palak Paneer with Naan – is a dish made of paneer in a thick spinach and other amazing spices. Naan is very similar to a roti but is definitely fluffier and made from a different dough. I tend to dip my naan in palak paneer and then in dahi and eat with my hands. So if you are looking for a real experience, I’d recommend to eat with your hands!
  • Saag and Extra Crispy Makki Di Roti – is a meal that contain saag that is a dish made from spinach, mustard leaves, broccoli, and other leafy plant. It is served with Makki Di Roti that is a yellow thicker roti. I would definitely recommend this dish in the winter.
  • Parantha – is a flat bread (similar to roti). It can be made plain with salt or with vegetables. I like mine to be made with multi(radish). From my childhood, I remember this parantha the most. Every Sunday morning, my mom would made Mulli or Aloo(Potato) parantha.
  • Mango Lassi – is a drink made from mango juice, milk, and ice. Mango Lassi is at every mela(fair). This lassi smacks during a summer afternoon!
  • Spicy Noodles – is a stir-fried snack that is made from noodles, vegetables, and spices.
  • Dahi – is a yogart/curd that can be made sour or plain. Dahi is an essential from me, I cannot imagine a single meal it.
  • Chicken Dal – is a water based dish made from chicken. I personally prefer regular chicken dal over butter chicken because I find butter chicken heavier.
  • Tandoori Chicken – is an appetizer that you will find at every Indian wedding. It is barbecued chicken with spicy paste.
  • Rajma Chawal – is a dish that contains beans and rice. I love to have this with fresh onions on the side.
  • Obviously, Samosa – I don’t think I need to explain this one 🙂

Until Next Time xoxo

One thought on “My favorite Indian Food <3